The Alumni Association awards merit-based scholarships to freshmen each year. During the 2014-15 academic year, nine incoming freshmen will each be awarded a $4,000 scholarship.
Applicants Must Meet the Following Requirements
- Merit based
- Min. high-school GPA: 3.6
- Min. SAT I score: N/A, but scores will be included in application (ACT is acceptable)
- Applicants must be graduating from a High School in California.
- Incoming freshman attending UCR in the fall.
Number of Scholarships: 9
Amount of Scholarship: $4000 each
Please follow the directions below to apply for the scholarship:
- Please fill out all fields. Here are some tips:
In the “essay” text box, please respond to the essay prompt (please copy and paste your essay into the online form):
- Look up your student ID number in MyUCR
- The CPID number is your UC Application ID
- For “region” and “region 2,” please select the regions to which you are closest.
- In 500 words or less, tell us why you chose to apply to UCR and how it will help you achieve your goals. Your response should include mention of at least three aspects of UCR that make it an outstanding university for you.
Applications are closed